Have MenuCalc Questions? Our FAQ Can Help
Have an FAQ or questions about MenuCalc®? Our website is rich with information, but some things may be tough to locate. Here’s where you’ll find easily accessible answers to the most FAQ from our clients. If you have a question that is not an FAQ, no problem. Just reach out to us directly!
1. Is MenuCalc FDA compliant?
Yes! MenuCalc’s software, analysis process and menu-labeling services are 100% FDA compliant. We only use methods that are approved for use within the food manufacturing industry. The information used to analyze your products for accurate menu labeling is directly sourced from the USDA food database. This ensures that you are receiving the most accurate analysis possible resulting in proper labeling that is in compliance with FDA standards, every time.
(The USDA and FDA do not personally endorse any individual lab, consultant, or nutrition analysis provider.)
2. How much does MenuCalc cost?
3. How long will it take to learn how to use MenuCalc?
4. I can’t find an ingredient in the database. Can I add my own?
5. Are my MenuCalc recipes confidential?
6. Is MenuCalc secure, can other people see my recipes?
7. What security does MenuCalc provide for my account data?
8. Do I need to download software/database updates?
9. Do you have ingredients already in your database?
10. I make recipes in-house, can I still use MenuCalc?
11. I’m stuck trying to input a recipe. What do I do?
12. How do I know which plan is right for me and my company?
13. Is MenuCalc a better investment than using a laboratory?
Here’s why: Chemical analysis performed in a lab involves incinerating food samples to determine nutrient content. You must test multiple samples of a food to establish an average, and these additional tests can be very costly. However, analysis via calculation involves taking already-analyzed ingredients and scaling their nutrient values—producing a final nutrient average that’s based on detailed averages instead of inconsistent sample variation.
MenuCalc uses this database-grounded approach to nutrition analysis, and is trusted by small and large restaurants alike for analysis accuracy, ease of use, cost effectiveness, and instant turnaround.